Wi-Fi at the Airport
Barcelona airport offers an internet service through the external operator Eurona Wireless Telecom S.A. (formally known as Kubi Wireless). This service is available for all passengers and allows you to browse the internet on a laptop, tablet or smartphone through Wi-Fi. This service is available in terminals 1, 2A, 2B and 2C, with all the access point listed below.
There are two types of services available.
- Basic service: This is free and unlimited, but download speeds are limited. Currently, this is 2 Mbps per connected device. The airport has the right to show adverts with this service.
- Premium service: This has much faster download speeds but it involved a fee. There are no adverts with this option.
The basic service is suitable for most passengers who just want to check their emails, check the latest news, speak to their friends via WhatsApp, Messenger, Snapchat etc, or just browse the internet. Anyone wishing to watch an HD or 4K movie, or upload high-quality holiday photos, would be better using the premium service.
The premium service offers speeds of approximately 20 Mbps and has a pricing scheme based on the times you wish to use the service and the number of devices you need to be connected. The prices, at the time of writing, are as follows:
- €4.90 per device for 24 hours
- €9.00 for 4 device for 24 hours
- €15.00 per device for 30 days
Please note the time starts from when your first connect and continues to run down until the period has ended. Discounting from the service does not stop the time.
How to Connect
Connection to the internet is easy. All you need is a Wi-Fi compatible device such as a smartphone, laptop or tablet device. You can follow the steps below to connect:
- Search for the network with SSID "Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA".
- Connect to this network and wait for a new browser window to open with the Welcome Page. If nothing happens, open a new page through your web browser and the Welcome Page will appear.
- Select the type of service you want to use. The basic service (free) or the premium service (paid).
If you do not see the SSID above, ensure you are in an area of the airport that has coverage. You can check where coverage is by looking at the access points below.
The access point in the terminals are as follows:
- Terminal 1: There is full coverage throughout the whole terminal.
- Terminal T2A:
- Public areas: Medas Ready to Eat
- Boarding areas: Caffe di Fiore, Pans&Company, Self Mediterráneo and Terracotta
- Terminal T2B:
- Public areas: Ars, Buffet Catalunya, Medas Beer, Pans&Company, Plantaciones de Origen and Restaurante Sant Jordi
- Boarding areas: Aubépain, Caffe di Fiore, Canudas VIP Lounge, Europa, Fresh and Ready, La Pausa, The Food Gallery and Tip Top Tapas
- Terminal T2C:
- Public areas: Medas Beer
- Boarding areas: Caffe di Fiore, Medas Beer, Medas Ready to Eat and Medas Restaurante
If you need any assistance, you can go to one of the information desks in the terminal where staff will assist you. If you wish to speak to the service operator, you can contact them using the details below.